At La Merced, we strive to ensure that all students become competent, lifelong learners and responsible, productive citizens. This important undertaking cannot be accomplished without your support. Im excited to continue to be a part of the La Merced family and to be working with such an excellent team of students, parents, staff and community members.
About your school
- Our purpose is to provide an effective, engaging environment so students can learn what they need to be successful in school and in the future. To ensure this, students are praised for being responsible, respectful, and ready!
- Throughout the year, we will be working hard to improve the students reading, writing, listening, speaking, and math skills. Our focus will be on having students show and explain what they know.
- Our students should be able to answer four basic, but essential questions: What do I need to learn? How will I know when Ive learned it? What can I do if I dont understand? How can I help someone else understand?
About your principal
- Over the last twenty years, Ive had the privilege to work with many students in all grades from Kinder to Sixth.
- Ive earned degrees and certificates from U.C. Davis, National University, College of Santa Fe, and Highlands. This has allowed me to be licensed as a level III teacher in K-8 Elementary, Pre K-12 Special Education, TESOL, and Pre K-12 Administration.
- Each day I enjoy the gorgeous landscape in Los Chavez, where I live with my husband, Andrew, and our three wonderful daughters. We keep busy tending to our many pets.
You must log in to send a message to Denise Gutierrez.
Note: No discussion topics posted yet.